Some examples in the gospels of Jesus hiding in His teachings and interactions with His disciples and the public:
1. He taught in parables (explained in Matthew 13).
2. He taught in metaphors.
3. He taught in allegories.
4. He did not say publicly He was God.
5. He did not say publicly He was the Christ.
6. He told His disciples not to tell anyone He was the Christ:
“Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ” (Matthew 16:20).
7. He told one person, a woman, a Samaritan, in private, that He is the Christ (John 4:4-26).
8. His hid on the Road to Emmaus.
9. He hid during the miraculous event when He walked on the water.
Jesus spoke about hiding:
10. He said “Your Father who is in the secret place . . .” (Matthew 6:6).
11. He said, ““I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25).
12. He said the kingdom is “like a treasure hidden in a field . . .” (Matthew 13:44).