Jesus Reveals Himself and Hides
Jesus Reveals Himself:
Jesus is the revelation of God (John 1).
Jesus is the exact representation of God’s nature (Hebrews 1:3).
In the Gospel of John, Jesus reveals Himself in seven “I am” revelations.
Jesus, the Revelation of God
It is simple – and yet an eternal mystery.
God is the perfect God and Father.
He loves the world so much, that gave His only Son to die for the world, to save mankind.
He gave everything to His Son Jesus Christ (Matthew 11:27, John 16:15).
He exalted Jesus to be equal with Himself (John 8:58). And “of the increase of His government and peace there will be no end . . .” (Isaiah 9:7).
Jesus is the perfect Son. He gave Himself to the world to save mankind. He came to earth and suffered and died for the life of the world (John 6).
Jesus has given everything to His people, the church, the saints (John 17:22 & more).
When someone goes to God the Father, He points to Jesus. Jesus said: “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me” (John 14:6).
Jesus also said: “. . . that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father” (John 5:23).
When someone goes to Jesus, He says, “’I and My Father are one’” (John 10:30).
And Jesus points to the Father and says, “My Father . . . is greater than all” and “My Father is greater than I” (John 10:29, John 14:28).
Some examples in the gospels of Jesus hiding in His teachings and interactions with His disciples and people:
1. He taught in parables
2. He taught in metaphors
3. He taught in allegories
4. He did not say publicly He was God
5. He did not say publicly He was the Christ
6. He told His disciples not to tell anyone He was the Christ:
“Then He commanded His disciples that they should tell no one that He was Jesus the Christ” (Matthew 16:20).
7. He told one person, a woman, a Samaritan, that He is the Christ (John 4:4-26).
8. His hid on the Road to Emmaus.
9. He hid when He walked on the water.
10. He said “Your Father who is in the secret place . . .” (Matthew 6:6).
11. The kingdom is “like a treasure hidden in a field . . .” (Matthew 13:44).
12. He said, ““I thank You, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, that You have hidden these things from the wise and prudent and have revealed them to babes” (Matthew 11:25).